- Graduate Studies
- Instructions for Applicants
December 15, 2019 is the priority deadline for the submission of all application materials for all applicants wishing to begin graduate studies in Fall 2020.
We are aware of the regions where the GRE Chemistry test was delayed and the new test dates. When available, please upload scores as per our application instructions.
Applications completed after December 15th will be reviewed until the class is full.
To complete application to the PhD program in Chemistry do the following:
- Texas A&M University Application on ApplyTexas.org.
A Domestic Applicant is a US citizen or a permanent resident of the U.S.
An International Applicant is not a US citizen or a permanent resident of the U.S.
Note: You will not be able to edit or update any portion of the application after submission.
- Statement of Purpose to be answered as the Essay portion on your ApplyTexas application.
Find information about What is a Statement of Purpose? in our FAQs
- Application Fee. If you are a US citizen, permanent resident or an international student who will complete all 4 years of an undergraduate degree in the US please choose "pay by check" to cue Admissions to waive your application fee.
If you are not a US citizen and your degree is from a non-US university, you must pay the application fee. Waiver or payment of the fee for international applicants is not available.
After you complete and submit the ApplyTexas application, within 1-2 business days (M-F) the University will email to the address you provided on the application instructions on how to access the Application Information System (AIS). Once you have access you must complete the following steps before your application will be considered complete for review.
- Departmental Data Sheet: Accessed via link in the "Documents Required by Graduate Department" check list in your AIS. In order for all your application materials to route to us you must fill this out.
- Transcripts Upload via the My Documents tab of the AIS PDF copies of transcripts for all college or University programs attended. Do not mail or email official transcripts unless admitted to the program.
- Three Letters of Recommendation. Use the Letter of Recommendation System accessed via the "My Documents" tab in your AIS Portal to request letters from your recommenders.
See our FAQs for more information.
- GRE Scores. Self-reported scores can be submitted in the ApplyTexas application and in the Departmental Data Sheet. Upload a screenshot the complete first page of the score report via the "My Documents" tab on the Application Information System. Official scores must be sent if admitted to the program.
More information about GRE scores is in our FAQs.
- GRE-Chemistry score. GRE-Chemistry score is mandatory for all applicants with non-US undergraduate degrees or any applicant with undergraduate degrees in subjects other than chemistry or biochemistry. The GRE score is strongly recommended for all US applicants. Report this score in the Document Data sheet or upload your score report to the AIS. If you are awaiting the score, write the month you took/will take the test. If you will not take the test, write only "No".
More information about Chemistry GRE scores
- TOEFL or IELTS Score. Required for any international applicant who is a citizen of a country where English is not the official language. Report your scores on the ApplyTexas website as well as on the Departmental Data Sheet. You may also upload a copy of the report to the AIS. If you have spent all 4 years at and will graduate from a US college or university you do not need to submit the score.
Information about TOEFL scores and expectations is in our FAQs
Still have questions?
See our FAQ