Our research focuses on biomolecular self-assembly processes with a specialization in protein phase separation and nanoparticle superlattice design.
B.Tech. Punjab Technical University, 2000
M.Tech. Indian Institute of Technology at Kanpur, 2002
Ph.D. University of Texas at Austin, 2007
Postdoctoral Fellow, Laboratory of Chemical Physics (NIH), 2007-2009
Joined Texas A&M in 2021
Awards & Recognition
- Impact Award in Computational Molecular Science and Engineering (2018)
- Department of Energy Early CAREER Award (2015)
- Allan P. Colburn Award from the American Institute of Chemical Engineers (2013)
- Alfred P. Sloan research fellowship in Chemistry (2014)
- Her, Cheenou, et al. "Molecular interactions underlying the phase separation of HP1α: role of phosphorylation, ligand and nucleic acid binding." Nucleic Acids Research 50.22 (2022): 12702-12722.
- Murthy, Anastasia C., et al. "Molecular interactions contributing to FUS SYGQ LC-RGG phase separation and co-partitioning with RNA polymerase II heptads." Nature structural & molecular biology 28.11 (2021): 923-935.
- Regy, Roshan Mammen, et al. "Improved coarse‐grained model for studying sequence dependent phase separation of disordered proteins." Protein Science 30.7 (2021): 1371-1379.
- Mao, Runfang, Evan Pretti, and Jeetain Mittal. "Temperature-controlled reconfigurable nanoparticle binary superlattices." ACS nano 15.5 (2021): 8466-8473.
- Zheng, Wenwei, et al. "Molecular details of protein condensates probed by microsecond long atomistic simulations." The Journal of Physical Chemistry B 124.51 (2020): 11671-11679.
- Schuster, Benjamin S., et al. "Identifying sequence perturbations to an intrinsically disordered protein that determine its phase-separation behavior." Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences 117.21 (2020): 11421-11431.