BATTEAS RESEARCH GROUP
The research in our group is organized around three main projects: 1) nanoscale materials and devices, 2) biological surfaces and interfaces, and 3) nanotribology, with the overarching goal of developing custom engineered surfaces and terfaces. research overview
- Dr. Batteas has joined the Advisory Board for ACS Central Science, a new open-access journal from the American Chemical Society featuring interdisciplinary research. http://pubs.acs.org/journal/acscii
- Jessica Spear received a poster prize at the 2014 STLE meeting, and her award was highlighted in the Tribology and Lubrication Technology journal.
- Meagan Elinski received Honorable Mention for the 2014 NSF Graduate Research Fellowship.
- Stephanie Skiles won First Place Poster Prize at the TAMU Student Research Week.
- Brad Ewers was awarded the Phil Gramm Doctoral Fellowship. (photo)
- Brad Ewers received the 2014 Association of Former Students Distinguished Graduate Student Award for Excellence in Teaching.
- Jessica Spear received the best student poster award from the COLL Division at the National ACS Meeting in Dallas.