The Department of Chemistry takes an active role in community outreach in an effort to positively affect the future of chemical education.
Every year, we host our feature event – the annual Chemistry Open House & Science Exploration Gallery. Typically visited by over 1,000 guests, this event is organized together with the Physics Department.
Throughout the year, the Chemistry Road Show, a transportable set of demonstration experiments, is presented to schools throughout Texas and at other public events with the aim to both entertain and educate students using chemistry.
Our Research Experiences for Undergraduates program sponsored by the National Science Foundation provides an opportunity for college students of diverse backgrounds to experience a summer of laboratory research.
The Department of Chemistry also actively participates in a number of College of Science and Texas A&M University's outreach programs.
Outreach Related Web Sites
- Chemistry Open House and Science Exploration Gallery
- Chemistry Road Show
- College of Science Educational Outreach and Women's Programs
- Duke Talent Identification Program (TIP)
- NSF-REU Summer Research Program
- Summer Honors Invitational Program (SHIP)
- Summer Institutes for High School Advanced Placement (AP) Teachers
- Youth Adventure Program (YAP)