Ph. D., University of Michigan
Awards & Recognition
- Association of Former Students Distinguished Achievement College-Level Award in Teaching (2007)
- Association of Former Students Distinguished Achievement University-Level Award in Teaching (2015)
- "Studies on Taxaddiene Synthase: Interception of the Cyclization Cascade at the Berticillene Stage and Rearrangement to Phomactatriene", Siew Yin Chow, Howard J. Williams, James D. Pennington, Samik Nanda, Joseph H. Reibenspies, and A. Ian Scott, Tetrahedron 2007, 63, 6204-6209.
- "Models for Taxol Biosynthesis: SeO2 Oxidation of Taxadiene", Q. Huang, J. D. Pennington, H. J. Williams, A. I. Scott, Synthetic Communications 2006, 36, 2577-2585.
- "Toward a Stable Apoptolidin Derivative: Identification of Isoapoptolidin and Selective Deglycosylation of Apoptolidin" James D. Pennington, Howard J. Williams, Arthur R. Solomons, Gary A. Sulikowski Org. Lett. 2002, 4, 3823-3825.