- Graduate Studies
- International Applicants
An International Applicant is not a US citizen/national or a permanent resident of the US.
The priority deadline for the submission of all application materials for domestic applicants wishing to begin graduate studies in Fall 2017 is December 15, 2016.
Applications completed after December 15th will be reviewed until the class is full.
A complete application to the PhD program in Chemistry consists of the following:
- Texas A&M University Application on ApplyTexas.org.
Note: You will not be able to edit or update any portion of the application after submission.
- Statement of Purpose (Answered as the Essay portion on your ApplyTexas application.)
What is a Statement of Purpose?
- Transcripts including English translation must be uploaded to the Applicant Information System (AIS) of the Howdy Portal. Official transcripts from US institutions can be submitted electronically to the Office of Admissions via SPEEDE, PARCHMENT, eScript-SAFE or National Clearing House. Official paper transcripts from international universities should be mailed directly to the Office of Admissions only if admitted.
What is the mailing address for transcripts?
- Three Letters of Recommendation. Please request letters from your recommenders by using the Electronic Letter of Recommendation system (eLOR) via the Applicant Access portion of the Howdy Portal.
How do I use the eLOR System?
- GRE Scores. The Texas A&M University code is 6003 and the Department of Chemistry code is 0301. You may upload a complete score report to the AIS portion of the Howdy Portal.
More information about GRE scores
- GRE-Chemistry score. GRE-Chemistry scores are required for all applicants with a non-US undergraduate degree or a US undergraduate degree in a subject other than chemistry. Please note the limited number of GRE-Chemistry test dates.
More information about Chemistry GRE scores
- TOEFL or IELTS Scores. Texas A&M University code is 6003. No department code is needed. Self-reported TOEFL/IELTS scores should be entered in the ApplyTexas application form. You may upload a complete score report to the AIS portion of the Howdy Portal.
More information about TOEFL scores?
- CV. Upload your CV directly via the AIS portion of the Howdy Portal.
What is a CV?
- Application Fee. The application fee must be paid. You may pay credit card or choose to pay by check or money order. This fee is waived only if the applicant completed all four years of undergraduate degree work at a US institution.
Still have questions?
See our FAQ